Dave Collier, M.P.A.
Senior Vice President
Dave Collier brings to the client over 40 years of management experience in county and city government. Since there is not much that he has not seen previously, Dave quickly produces efficient and effective solutions to problems for his clients.
One of Dave's specialties is executive search. With his many years experience, he can quickly separate the wheat from the chaff and find the right person to join your senior staff or be your department head. He also has successfully conducted organizational reviews, sessions in team building and strategic planning workshops. Just as importantly in this day and age of the pressure to lower taxes, he has developed strategies and action plans for coping with the tough financial problems that local government often experience.
Dave has overseen the recruitment and selection of:
- Public Works Director, Recreation Director, and Police Chief for a Florida coastal city;
- Environmental Resources Director for St. Lucie County, FL,
- Finance Director for a mid-sized Florida city;
- Library Director for a progressive Florida county;
- Airport Director and Human Resources Director of a large Michigan county;
- Utilities Director for a Florida County; and
- Police Chief in a large Maryland county.
While serving as City Manager of Stuart, Florida for 14 years, he:
- Improved the professionalism of City Department Heads and staff through an emphasis on professional development and team building.
- Used his hands-on management style to emphasis the need for effective project management and maintaining tight timelines in order to show citizens that the city government was effectively managed and had a strong commitment to its customers.
Prior serving in Stuart, Dave was a County Manager in Florida, Kansas and Michigan. He also has extensive experience in local government consulting.
Mr. Collier earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics and his Masters degree in Public Administration from the American University in Washington, D.C. He was a member of the International City/County Management for over thirty years, served as President of the Maryland City Managers Association and the Florida Association of County Administrators. Mr. Collier is involved in his community as a member of the Board of the Martin County Taxpayers' Association and as a Director of Stuart Main Street Association
(772) 220-4320(772) 220-4320