Rick Conner, P.E.
Rick Conner is a recent addition to CB&A's staff and its strong cadre of municipal operations experts. With over 30 years of management experience in local government, he has seen it all and done most of it. He possesses keen analytical skills and the ability to slice through critical issues. As a result, he is another outstanding weapon in the firm's arsenal of experts. His years in local government and his many licenses and certifications help him to judge talent quickly and effectively.
In addition to his experience as a City Manager, Rick's previous positions such as a Public Works Director, gives him an excellent perspective of the needs of local government operations and staffing.
Some of the top leadership positions that Rick has held include:
- City Manager of Sunny Isles Beach, Florida,
- City Manager of Portland, Texas,
- City Manager of Marble Falls, Texas,
- Public Works Director of Nashville/Davidson County, Tennessee, and
- Public Works Director of Bryan, Texas
While serving in these positions, Rick received national recognition for his Customer Service programs.
For CB&A, Rick has often served in an interim capacity such as the Acting City Manager for Fruitland Park and the Acting Transportation Director for Loudoun County, VA. Over his career, Mr. Conner has been involved in a variety of recruitments. Some of these include:
- City Manager, Fayetteville, NC
- City Manager, Sarasota, FL
- City Manager, Cocoa Beach, FL
- Chief Executive Officer/General Manager, Des Moines (IA) Water Works
- City Manager, Oakland Park, FL
- Human Resources Director, Roanoke, VA
- Human Resources Director, Sunrise, FL
- Finance Director/Procurement Officer for a bedroom community to Corpus Christi, TX
- Accounting Director for a medium size West Texas city
- Police Chief, Sunny Isles Beach, FL
- Water and Wastewater Director for a medium size, central Texas city
- Airport Manager for a medium size Texas university city
Rick holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from University of Missouri. He also worked towards Masters Degrees in both Math and Civil Engineering before joining the work force. He is a Registered Land Surveyor and a Professional Engineer in Missouri, as well as a Professional Engineer in Florida, Tennessee and Texas. He is one of only a very few people to hold the coveted "A" Certification in Water, Wastewater, and Solid Waste in Texas - literally one of less than a dozen people who possess all of those licenses.