Executive Recruitment Services
Since 1997, Colin Baenziger & Associates (CB&A) has developed an extensive municipal practice. The key element is executive search and our first client was the City of Lauderdale Lakes, FL in 1998. Briefly, we believe that the City would be wise to select us because:
Experience and Approach
- We recruit nationally and know many of the country's local government professionals personally. We have an extraordinary talent for determining who will fit well (and who will not) in the particular situation.
- Our lead recruiter is Colin Baenziger. He has served as the Village Manager for Wellington, FL, as well as an elected board member for a master homeowners association composed of 22,000 residents. He can thus relate to both appointed and elected officials and speaks their language. Dave Collier has served as a City and County Manager in Florida, Kansas and Michigan. Tom Andrews is the former County Manager for Fulton County, GA, and Ann Arundel County, MD.
- CB&A knows many of the country's professional managers personally. We have an extraordinary talent for determining who fits well in which situation and who does not.
- We tailor our approach to the community. Once we fully understand the elected body, the community and the issues, we aggressively seek the candidates who are right for you.
- We can move quickly. Utilizing a true executive search approach, as we did in Manalapan, we can have a short list of candidates within two to four weeks.
- The caliber of our work is better. Because we have not conducted hundreds of searches and we depend on word of mouth advertising, our reputation is critical to us.
- We continue to work with you after the position is filled. If issues arise six or twelve months later between the employee and employer, we will assist the parties in working through them at no additional charge.
- We are less costly, and not because we do less. In fact, we do much more than our competitors. We have focused our efforts on minimizing our overhead. We simply do not have the expenses other firms do, and we can pass the savings on to you.
- We are very adept at working with the electronic and print media. Should the County wish, we are very comfortable serving as its media spokesperson for the search.
- Finally, although we move quickly, we do not rush the process. We carefully evaluate every potential candidate, scrutinize their background information and make sound recommendations to the client.